View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Boss SE-50 

Post Boss SE-50
Holy Crap...I just got one of these things a short time ago and have taken my sweet time on trying it out as I have been balls out busy. This thing is amazing..this little friggin guitar processor has some of the most amazing reverbs for Vocals...I love this thing...I got some incredible clean guitar tones out of it as well, I am using in conjunction with a presonus Tube Pre with a custom tube...but still. I am going to get me another one..I read the reviews and how good they were, had no idea. I have two Digitech TSR-24's I have collected over the years...these were 800.00 processors in their day...they dont touch this. Anyone tried the SE-70? Is it about the same? I just started messing with the vocoder. Wow..wow and wow.

Von

-- Ayn Rand

Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Go for a VF-1. Not as much overlap, and some things not on the SEs.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:12 am

I have both the SE50 and the SE70. For the prices these go for nowadays, they are really good. A swiss army knife for audio.

They share some of the effects, but for the SE70 Boss added a lot of new stuff, including analog distortion (the SE50 dist is digital, not the modern modelled version but the old put some bees in a tin can type). The vocoders are very different also. SE70 has tons of more effects also. But they sound different, probably the processor and the algorithm in the 70 is better, but for transposing stuff, the 50 sounds grittier and I prefer its sound.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]